The Kern High School District is committed to developing students and staff who are effective in the use of technology and recognize its growing importance in the 21st century. The IT Department promotes the use of technology in the educational process and operates as a service department for all facets of KHSD information management.. The effective integration and utilization of current and emerging technologies into standards-based curriculum is one important component of student achievement.
- Security and protection of KHSD data and computerized records.
- Technology and Telecommunications Services.
- Instructional technology staff development.
- District standardization of hardware, software, and networking.
- IT support personnel at district and school sites.
- Intranet and Internet policies and procedures.
- The District Technology Committee.
- Operational and capital expenditures related to technology acquisition and maintenance.
- Application Programming
- System support
- Technical guides
- In-services for users
KHSD uses an IBM iSeries™ midrange computer with a fully-integrated management system to run the following systems:
- Food Services
- Library/Textbook Inventory
- Warehouse Inventory
KHSD’s IT Department also provides:
- Online Teacher Access – Allowing teachers to maintain attendance, grading, deficiencies, and PE testing online, as well as looking up student information.
- Optical Imaging via Real Vision Imaging software – Allowing various District departments to save important documents as images in the data management system
- Telephone notification of student absences and school activities
- Student ID cards